Sunday, April 11, 2010

Post-Partum Essentials

It's day 3 after "the Bear" has entered the world, and I wanted to jot down a few things that have been super beneficial to me in recovery.
#1- A supportive, and loving hubby. Absolute necessity!
#2- Food. Whether made for you or before-hand by you, it's so important to have a lot of ready made food around.
#3- Metamucil or something similar. Along with a stool softener.
#4- Panadol, Tylenol, and/or Ibuprofen. Just takes the edge off.
#5- Tubigrip or some control wear. I totally feel like my abdomen has been blasted away, and the tubigrip has saved my back.
#6- Satiny jammies. At least bottoms. Makes getting in and out of bed a million times more comfy. No sliding stitches around on sheets.
#7- Piles of cheap Homebrand Super Pads. Great for the first few days. Useful for C-section protection, and cheap enough to change hourly.
#8- Water bottle. Full please.
#9- Pillows. Pillows. Pillows.
#10- Ice pack. For sitting on while feeding, or for stuffing down shirt for a little nipple relief.

I also treated myself to some goat's milk soap before getting into the hospital and find it fabulous for the sorer bits. It cleans so gently. I also like it on my face.
Also, a big jug of cranberry juice won't go astray, as it's good to be a little preemptive with other discomforts.

Here's to babies and their glorious entry into the world!

No comments: