Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dancing With The Drunk Man

I went to my brother-in-law's concert at a pub on Thursday nite. His band was playing a 9 pm. There in the front was a man who had obviously been hitting the boos quite hard long before the concert began. At first I found him funny...but then some guys from the crowd started playing with him. They were dancing around with him and kinda teasing him the way one would with a dog or pet monkey. My heart broke for him. He was the side show entertainment, the dancing drunken fool for an entire room and younger watchers. It made me wonder what this man was running from. What would have driven him to the place where he needed to be totally drunk on a Thursday nite?
As a side note: Todd's band "Rogue" is quite good and worth a listen for anyone interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, that totally bums me out too. the sad thing is that the guy is probably used to that and likes to 'make others laugh' without realizing the state that he's in. i'd have also loved to have seen todd's show.

Lian said...

come on down chuckle. we'd love to have you.