Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Time To Grieve

In the past month I have known 2 separate families devastated by one of the most unimaginable kinds of pain, the loss of a child. They both lost their little newborn babies within hours of delivery. Please remember Aaron and Nicole, and Eric and Randi in prayer. I think that the loss of a newborn can be such a lonely grief. No one but the mother's really have any memories of the child. Plus both Nicole and Randi have to deal not only with this loss, but also the usual baby blues, and all the other hormonal changes that occur.

My heart breaks for both of these ladies. Please pray for them and their families as you think of it.

2 comments:

elnellis said...

oh erika, i am so sorry. phil and i recently went through a similar situation - 3 friends loosing children all in a 2 wk span. kinda through us for a loop, so many questions regarding the goodness of God. i will be praying for you as you deal with this grief in the midst of your nearing joy. does this bring up any fear for you in delivery ect? so hard for me to not be consumed by fear about having another baby - will i allow God to do "best" ?

peace
ruthie

Lian said...

I know that death is a reality and that even my little Sprouty could be taken at any time. I have moments of fear, but then I just try to rest and not anticipate pain. I know that God gives the grace that is needed to handle things at the time that it is needed. I have to put Sprout's life in god's hands even now...this child will never truly me MINE. It has always been God's gift. I'm grateful to have made it this far... I'm so sorry for all of your friends...It is a pain I cannot imagine in my wildest nightmares. How are Phil's aunt and uncle?